1 Year validity
Changed your mind?
R22 Helicopter Pilot Taster Lesson, Aberdeen
- Take the controls of a helicopter for a 15 minute trial lesson
- Under the supervision of your training pilot, learn to manoeuvre the aircraft
- Fly a Robinson R22, the worlds favourite training helicopter
Flying a helicopter is one of the most challenging forms of airmanship, a profession normally reserved for skilled North Sea pilots, with years of practice! On this personal flying lesson you will have the opportunity to learn some of the skills required to fly a helicopter.
Arriving at the Aberdeenshire based training facility, you will meet your pilot instructor who will give you an explanation of the flight ahead; covering the aerodynamic and power characteristics of a helicopter including how to use the cyclic, the collective, the pedals and the throttle.
Once you have been briefed for your flight, you’ll venture out to the apron where you’ll meet the aircraft. Once you’ve done a pre-flight inspection, you’ll get on-board, start the aircraft and get ready for your flight. As you take off, experience the thrill of flying!
When safe, the training pilot will hand over control to you. On this 15 minute lesson, you will cover things such as hovering, manoeuvring, accelerating and climbing. You’ll be in the helicopter for a total of 15 minutes, allowing you to get a taste of what it is like to be a helicopter pilot.
If you decide that you want to take up a career as a helicopter pilot, this flight will contribute towards your training time.
Latest Customer feedback
- Dispatched same-day when ordered before 4pm
- Contains full experience information
- Booking instructions inside
- Your own personalised message printed on the voucher
- The best way to gift the experience of a lifetime!
Can't find a gift you like?
Give them a choice with a value voucher. With the same great validity as an experience voucher, they choose what they want to do from our catalogue of 660 experiences!
You can also earn Gift Rewards on this purchase