1 Year validity
Changed your mind?
Business Development Consultant
Full Time, Edinburgh
• 35 hours / week • Competitive salary • Commissionable earnings
Established in 2004, Experience Gift Scotland is the leading experience gift retailer in Scotland, Ireland and new brand in the UAE. We’re 15 years young and continue to have an entrepreneurial attitude to our business.
At Experience Gift Scotland we are passionate about providing lifelong experiences to our customers and their loved ones; we believe first and foremost in creating unforgettable memories for everyone. That’s why we are committed to providing a reliable service that’s professional, friendly and always customer focused.
Equipped with a team passionate about sourcing and showcasing the best on offer, we are committed to finding new ways to create quality-led, meaningful experiences. This is delivered through working with first class partners, along with road testing every experience we provide to ensure we create amazing experiences and unforgettable memories.
Who are we?
Experience Gift Scotland is an online business that is passionate about finding the best experiences that can be given as a gift. Based at Gift HQ in the vibrant canal-side Shore area of Edinburgh, you will work on our brands in Scotland, Ireland and the UAE.
We have exciting plans including further internationalisation, growth in product specific areas and continued development of the products and services we already offer.
What will you do?
No day is the same and you will have the opportunity to make a real difference! You will:
- research and recruit new experiences in our existing territories
- negotiate the best prices for our customers
- write product information for publication online
- travel locally and occasionally internationally to recruit and maintain supplier relationships
- be responsible for managing your time efficiently to benefit the product portfolio of the business
- regularly report on your activity to the team
What we can offer you?
We offer each of our colleagues a fantastic package including:
- A great place to work with like-minded individuals
- The ability to influence the businesses direction
- The opportunity for you to further your career in a fast moving business
- A great range of benefits including a pension, private healthcare and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours between 8am and 6pm
- Complimentary hot and cold drinks, beer / fizz Fridays and complimentary stress-busting massages
- Staff discounts on all of our products, currently counting over 20,000 globally
- A performance-based bonus based on your delivery in the role
- Loyalty accruing annual leave, starting at 28 days and growing to 33 days (including public holidays)
Who we are looking for?
The ideal person for this job will:
- be an articulate, positive and outgoing individual who is looking for a challenge
- have experience of working with businesses and suppliers within the tourism sector
- have a professional outlook, confident in providing high levels of service to our suppliers on a regular basis
- be well versed in using IT, the importance of SEO and how to publish high-quality content online
- be conscientious with an excellent standard of written English
- be an energetic self-starter, driven and extremely motivated
You will ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent, must hold a full driving license and ideally be a passport holder.
How to apply?
Please submit a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any other relevant information.
Closing date Friday 16th February 2018.